CV joints can give in without a moment’s notice at times, it would seem. Although there are certain warning signs to be on the lookout for, it can still creep up on you. Let’s take a look at some of the warning signs you should be on the lookout for that you might soon be in need of professional CV joint repair:
- A humming or growling noise;
- A vibration that increases with speed;
- A clicking or popping noise when turning;
- A shudder or vibration when accelerating; and
- A clunky noise when decelerating or accelerating.
Here are five things to check before calling for professional CV joint repair:
- Check the boots around all four CV joints;
- Inspect the boots for splits, cracks, tears, abrasion damage, punctures or missing clamps;
- Damaged boots should be replaced as continuing to drive this way can lead to expensive trouble;
- Check the joint’s boot. When a boot fails, there is always some uncertainty about the condition of the CV joint; and
- Inspect the CV joint for obvious damage.
Partner with S.A.L.T SA for Expert CV Joint Repair
We specialise in prop shaft components, universal and CV joints. As a leader in the industry with a history dating back to 1997, we continue to lead the way forward in cutting edge innovation. Our team of seasoned industry professionals continues to work hard to add value to our industry, and to adding value to the businesses and lives of our clients. The market we service comprises of commercial, mining, steel and paper mills, as well as the off-highway sector.
Our strategy focuses on maintaining our status as the leading suppliers to the prop shaft industry by supplying it with the very best solutions and products, at the most competitive rates. If you would like to learn more about our CV joint repair solutions, and find out how we can help you maximise the lifespan of your CV joints, speak to us today. We look forward to working with you.